[A/S] Re: LED liting (how about halogen?)

Lighting is one of the things we are very sensitive to. My wife's a
professional interior designer and has quite a bit of training in
lighting design and theory, so I'm really in trouble..
We're not thrilled with the light quality or amount of lumens in our
31' 1979 International. I have been thinking of adding residential low
(12) voltage halogen. I'm reasonably certain LVH would draw too much
amperage to run on the A/S 12 volt system, so I figured I would run it
on the AC power, using it only when we're plugged in.
I can't, however, decipher how many amps the AC system is pushing
around (main breaker looks like it's a 30a system?), or how much each
outlet is capable of. Anyone have any info on this, or thoughts on my
hair brained scheme?

Thanks,

Chris