[A/S] Epoxy

Hey Jim Smith,

Thanks for the reminder. Last week before the heavy rain (5 inches so far),
I found the place in our Airstream's aluminum skin where caulking wasn't
doing its job and took care of that little detail.

I had first noticed an occasional droplet of water beneath the rear window
during rain storms.  My curiosity got the better of me and I lifted the
entire edge of carpet around the rear wall (easier said than done). This
minor, no brainer of a job entailed disassembling the 3 drawer bedside
cabinet and moving it away from the wall so I could lift the carpet.

Anyhow, the bottom line was ---- slight wetness along the entire edge of
plywood where it butted against the rear wall. With a small electric heater
(squirrel cage high volume blower), I dried it thoroughly before flattening
and smoothing the carpet in place (I didn't staple it back down), then
reinstalling the cabinet.

Today the rain finally stopped. This eveningI lifted carpet on either side
of the cabinet and found it bone dry.  After reading your reply (below) to
Chris Koehn, I've added your suggestion to my list of jobs this Winter.

As you know, I used epoxy on a soft spot near the door of one of our other
Airstreams. It was easy to do and had excellent results.  I should have
remembered that and applied the logic to this trailer.  Perhaps if we
weren't as focused on getting ready to roll next week (snowbirding for the
winter), the idea would have come to me.

Anyhow, thanks for the reminder,

Terry
'89 32' Airstream