Re: [A/S] Power Jack info and maintenance

Hi, I have the same jack on mine. The upper motor and head assembly
are prepacked with a good waterproof grease when built and doesn't
seem to need anything else. But what we have done for years with old
jacks both manual and power is to take them off, tip them over, pour
in some motor oil and run them thru their cycles a couple times and
then reinstall. Last fall mine bound up and I had to use the cheater
wrench supllied with it. When I took it apart I found one of the
permenent magnets had come unglued. We very completly cleaned the
inside of the case and reglued it with a product called "cold weld".
the local automotive electrical shop told me about it. BUT BE
CAREFULL to keep the magnet end to end correctly. They are polarized
north and south. Arnie