[A/S] Aluminitus

Jack Canavera wrote: <<Yea, Jim we are taking the plunge again.  For us the
major reason for buying the Safari was the issue of my tow vehicle.  But
with the new 3/4 ton van, it was just a matter of time.  Patty missed having
a dinette like our SOB's had, so the requirement of a dinette was automatic.
The slide out was another factor, but after a lot of consideration, I felt
that we would purchase this trailer with the idea of keeping it a long, long
time.  A slide out should cement us not
trading again for additional space.

We have looked at the used stuff but quite honestly I couldn't bring myself
to pull the trigger on the used 2001, 2002, and 2003 units that I have
looked at.  All of which were not cared and pampered like my 2001 Safari.
Finally the dealer said the only way I probably would be happy was to buy a
new one.

It will be a long wait though.  We went on our final trip this last week to
Branson.  We clean the Safari out and deliver it to the dealer on Saturday.
Who ever gets mine will get a real cream puff.  Our new 30' Classic S.O.
won't be in till probably the first of December or so.

I wanted the 15,000 BTU Penguin (you know my feelings about my 13.5K unit on
my Safari), so it will require an order rather than picking up one on a
dealer's lot.

Keep us posted on your new Classic. Regards, Jack>>

Jack - I have also taken what I think is exceptional care of my Safari.
Added MaxiFans front & rear, 2 ea. 40 lb propane tanks, modified the propane
line with a "T" to accept propane from a 200 lb. home tank so I don't have
to worry about propane during the winters. Not to mention all the washing,
waxing, mopping, dusting & vacuuming, flushing the water system (I have a
lot of silt in my well water, and am only now getting the proper filtration
system installed curbside in the trailer's shed home). The trailer was
cleaner & better cared for than my home! That buyer will also be getting a
much loved & cared for trailer.
My new Classic also has the 15,000 BTU A/C, and I'm glad of it. The 13.5
unit did the job, but was occasionally under a strain to make it here in
Texas. One thing I'm excited about is the larger bed. I had single beds that
made my tossing & turning leave me worn out in the mornings. The dinette
will also make dinners easier & provide more for more comfortable
evenings with friends. The Aluminitus is starting to ease off and should be
gone by the time I take possession of the Classic. I look forward to meeting
up with you on the road some day. Maybe we should get with T. May and any
other Aluminitus survivors, have a rally somewhere & form a support group.

Spent the day taking all my personal stuff out of the Safari. I had no idea
..... but I'm now nearly prepared to take her to the dealer to trade, maybe
tomorrow or Friday. Hope to have the new trailer home by Saturday or
Monday!! Her first trip will be to a local unit rally down near Houston the
first of November. Then in mid November I'm off to a quarter horse show in
Oklahoma City (to be the most distance I've ever pulled so far). Can't wait.
I feel like a child on Christmas Eve.

Regards - Jim