[A/S] Re: bearings and brakes

  I see "greased" shoes once in awhile. I think that seal design was
at fault, but it could have been. What I most saw was too much
grease. There is a train of thought out there that sez if this much
is good than three times as much is better. Not so,,, seals can only
hold back so much grease. Also the wrong kind of grease. Thin gun
grease instead of a good wheel bearing grease. Also reusing seals is
not a good idea. They do wear and lose there sealing ability. And
they get distorted when removed. And once in awhile I see a seal
installed at an angle or evan backwards. Good luck,,, Arnie