[A/S] New to me Airstream

Hi Y'All;

Well, I picked up my 1978 31' center bath rear twin side sofa trailer
and was home by Sunday.  Everything is well maintained and works well
with the exception of the water heater, which has a split tank,
telling me that the RV dealer who was winterizing the trailer was not
doing their job, and the main, big, curbside awning.  I can get a
tank from the RV dealer hear, at a reasonable price, but I need
information on the awning.  The gentleman who sold me the trailer,
said his father could not get the awning to come out.  Well, it came
out fine.  It would not go back up into the storage position.  I had
to roll it by hand.  Sooooo, can the awning spring be replaced or
repaired, or do I have to get a new roller?  If it can be repaired,
how would I go about it??  Thanks for anything.

Tom