[A/S] Peg & Marks new Airstream from Oregon

Peg & Mark - sounds like you're wasting no time in getting started!  New
projects are always a mystery - but also an interesting puzzle.

When you mentioned you were going to Oregon - I some how assumed...you'd be
going to Western Oregon.

But - you've now mentioned you tried to save 50 miles in your outbound
journey by taking the road from Spokane to Walla Walla...

Something tells me that you just may have picked up your new-to-you 1974 31'
Excella in Milton-Freewater???

The last time I was home in Walla Walla (my business and trailer storage are
there -but I live in Seattle) - anyway the last time I was home I noticed a
local ad for a large Airstream in nearby Milton-Freewater, Oregon - but
since I was busy selling my 34' Avion - I did not take the time to check it
out.

Anyway - small world...(if you did pick up your new road home in Milton-
Freewater)

Next time....broadcast your shopping route...!  I could have advised you
about the road construction/road detours/new bridge construction between
Walla Walla and Waitsburg!

This list is like a gravevine!  You never know who might be listening in who
can add two cents to a conversation!

Best Wishes.

Oh - you mentioned you were checking the overall height of your trailer -
compared to factory specs.  If your trailer seems to ride a little lower
than "specs" - keep in mind that a number of things affect ride height.
Obviously what you put into it will affect it - but also - if you've not
read up on the dura-torque axles that your Airstream rides on - now is a
good time.  I think it is safe to say that over time - an Airstream equipped
with dura-torques "may" settle due to age and wear and tear etc.

I've learned to never suggest that something is written in stone...there are
too many variables -(that is why I said an Airstream "may" settle...I did
not say "will"...) but over the past couple of years there has been a great
deal of input on the lists regarding dura-torques - so I think it is safe to
suggest this.  There is an interesting section on the dura-torque concept -
on the Inland RV website.

You can also see a little information on the Airstream Factory website about
the dura-torque concept.

RL McFarland
Seattle & Walla Walla
(three trailers sold - and only one trailer left in my shop!...the "mystery
36" - and now actively shopping for a 70's Ambassador or a late 50's
Sovereign)