[A/S] Univolt buzzing, batteries discharged, pump won't pump

Hello,

We have had our 1979 25' Tradewind for just a month now.  Still
working on a tow vehicle...but we have slept in it twice in the
driveway.  Can't wait to get her shipshape and on the road!

I am hoping that you experts will be able to help me with some
questions.

My first question is about the Univolt battery charger.  It buzzes or
hums the whole time the trailer is plugged into AC.  Is that normal?

I am also concerned that this morning the indicator panel shows the
batteries are "bad."  It is now 3:30pm, and I just checked again, and
find the same indication of "bad."  These are brand new batteries
installed by the previous owner a week before we picked up the
trailer.

Thirdly, the water pump doesn't seem to be working right--last night
I turned it on and it was quite loud, but never worked up enough
pressure to get water out of the kitchen faucet.  Water would come
out of the bathroom faucet, but with a lot of sputtering.  Today the
pump is not working at all, which may be because of the discharged
batteries?

Suggestions?

Thanks, wise ones!

Phyllis in Alabama