RE: [A/S] Digest Number 1673 (flooring)

This architect is not handy, either, but the bid for proffessional
installation (in our condo, not the Airstream--yet) convinced me that I could
learn. For the price of an inexpensive table saw ($100), two buckets of glue
and a bag of latex gloves, we saved about $2000. True, it took four days, but
it turned out. And just to be hard on ourselves, I installed the flooring on a
diagonal.

The click-lock is said to be easier to install, and covers (floats over) minor
imperfections in the subfloor. I prefer glue-down, as I grew up in a
slab-on-grade house and hate the hollow sound of a floating floor.

Next project: replacing the nasty (and I do mean nasty) gold shag in the
Airstream. I think the hardest part of not going DIY would be finding someone
to take such a small job.

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)

'85 Limited 31
'03 Avalanche 2500