Re: Flat Tires...

I upgraded to a 94 Excella a year or so ago that DOES have a spare tire and
once did have a flat tire on it just East of Los Angeles.

I don't use a jack to lift the trailer, ...I loosen the lug nuts on the flat
wheel with my universal lug nut wrench...then pull (or back) it up onto a 6 x
8 x 18 Inch wood block with an incline slant cut in one end that I carry
expressly for that purpose...

I also carry a Honda 2000 generator and a small air compressor in the back of
my truck. If you have a slow leak, you can repressure it ...hopefully long
enough to get to a place to get it changed... over the years, I've stopped and
helped several other RV'ers with flats whose spares had low to no air
pressure.

I also check my tire pressure (and that of my spare) while the tires are
cold, the evening before I scheduled to depart for a trip.

Bottom line is you have to try and be prepared for most any eventuality that
will happen on the road...

As for Airstream holding back on the consumer... after the Plasticoat fiasco
that many of us endured which Airstream completed disavowed responsibility
for, I know I will never buy another new one...

Ed Kronholm
WBCCI #5017
'98 25 Ft. Safari C-6
'94 30 Ft. Excella FK