Re: [A/S] Digest Number 1667

Tom - I'm not an electrician - so I can only offer an observation.  I don't
even have any experience with using my trailers that is of any help at this
point as they are all sitting and waiting for me to work on them.  But - I
do have a fair amount of experience with living aboard my boat in a marina
- and in someways the electrical use in a boat hooked to shorepower is
similar to a trailer hooked to a 110v source in a RV park.

I lived in an older marina and the electrical service was "very sensitive"
to the load put on it by the entire marina.  In the process of using appliances
aboard my boat when the load useage in the marina was heavy - the operation
of my appliances was directly affected.  I remember times when my microwave
would simply not work.  No doubt this was due to one of the inherent
features of the microwave - if it did not have enough juice to run it - it
would not run.

I would wonder if your A/C system is simply responding in a similar manner?
That is not to say that your system might not also have something requiring
service that complicates the situation - it's just that the system may be
totally sensitive to the quality of the power coming into your trailer.
And...sometimes there is simply no solution to that - if the source has built
in limitations (i.e. - it's an older system - as in an older RV park)

Have you stayed for an extended period of time in a totally modern RV park
that was full of campers - and the power system was at full tilt operation -
and had the same problems with your A/C?

I wish you luck in your search for an answer - but I guess what I am trying
to suggest here is that "the gremlins" may be in fact a combination of factors
- not just one - derived from one source.  RL