Re: [A/S] Zip Dee awnings question

as Don says, they look cool but more than that, they cool the trailer, reduce
glare-thru-the-windows and add privacy.
however, I am not impressed with the short roadside awning as it needs the wire
braces found on the rear/bath awning.
a little wind will wrap that roadside into a glass endangering window banger.
Also, the curbside needs at least one rafter if not two. or better, an auto
retrieval system as wind hits it.
keep trying to remember to contact ZD and order some braces.

I leave my trailer in one of the RV campgrounds at the Whittington Ctr at Raton
while I am on the ranges shooting.
I SHOULD be able to leave the awnings down while I am so involved but from
habit, I know that I have to cover my equipment and drive back to the trailer in
time to put my awnings up before the usual afternoon rain/wind storm hits the
front face of the Rockies coming from Angelfire/Taos, etc.

basically, this means that I either leave them put up after lunch or do not
shoot any matches after lunch.

anyway, wind is my biggest complaint about any awnings.

I like the idea of using a curbside on the roadside.
that is really a good idea.

Whatever happened to that fellow who had designed an awning that extended over
the roof and dropped down on both sides?
Back in the mid 90s I think. Another photo that I lost off my 6 HDDs in Mar/Apr.
I believe that most of us thought he was a real kook but the picture showed that
it really workd and was pretty darned ingenious.  He was trying to find someone
to manufacture it.  Wonder how many other such ideas die a silent death?

sigh
chas