Re: [A/S] GPS Device - WOW!

We both use it. I (driver) can glance at it and see all I need pretty
quickly -  after you are used to it, takes no more time than reading a
speedometer or the radio dial. Sometimes Oleta will work it if any
point/click stuff needs to be done. It speaks directions if a highway
change is coming up, which alerts you so you don't miss the turn. So you
can sort of ignore it until it speaks. I think it also speaks to warn you
if you get off your pre-set route.

Also, you can read a panel that tells you how far until the next turn comes
up, and only read the details when your turn is near. Of course, you set up
your route, etc, before ever pulling out in the morning.

The map re-centers itself automatically (you never "drive off" the
display), so it can run for hours without attention.

Street Atlas has detailed info on just about EVERY road inside the USA.
Even some short "roads" inside campgrounds from the office to your site show!

Map'N'Go (being discontinued) has less street detail for USA outside
populated areas, but also covers Canada and Mexico.

Jerry 4404