[A/S] Newbie advice

Greetings from Oklahoma!

My husband, son and I will be picking up our '04 28' International CCD this
afternoon and we can't wait.  We are totally new to trailer life.  We wanted
to  find a hobby we could do as a family, and one of the things all of us
enjoy is travel.  Our goal is to visit all 50 states by the time our son
graduates from high school (okay, so we'll have to fly to Hawaii, but you get
the picture); think we can do it in twelve years?

I've enjoyed "listening in" on the listserve over the past few weeks and I'm
hopeful some kind folks will give me their opinions on:

*the pros and cons of joining the local WBCCI chapter

*equipment/accessories/trailer contents/books/magazines they couldn't
live without

*traveling with children and/or a large dog (we have an 8 month old
German Shepherd)

Would appreciate any and everything you seasoned Airstreamers would
be willing to share.

Thanks!

Carole
Claremore, OK