Re: [A/S] Tongue mounted genset

The generator is a 4010 Honda liquid cooled 4000 watt generator. As I wanted
an all electric trailer and the capability to have full use of every thing at
all times I chose this route.
I made an angle iron frame to fit and mounted it to the frame with rubber
motor mounts to further dampen vibration. The exhaust is run through a small auto
muffler and exhausts between the wheels on the left side.
I ran the 120 volt elect back to the control panel which I relocated to the
kitchen area) and through a double pole double through switch which isolates me
from shore power.I also have a remote switch for starting and stopping.
I have constructed an inclosure for the generator and am insulating it to
further deeding the sound.
If I had a gas powered vechile I would probably tap into the gas line But I
am using a 6gal outboard tank mounted on top of the inclosure.
If I am driving a long distance non stop I will run the generator about 4
hours and shut  down for 4-6 hours every thing in the freezer and fridge stays in
good shape.
The unit weighs about 200 lbs which is not a problem I know that many fellow
Airstreamers Do not approve of what I have done but this fits my life stile
and is what I want.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel