you have three problems - or more

- vibration of the frame
- ventillation of the genset
- routing of exhaust

others are
- weight upon the frame
- fuel for the set
- noise!

You have had an excellent suggestion already with the QD hook up to a genset in
the back of a tow vehicle and this solves all of the above problems
BUT, if you do not have such a tow vehicle, and you are talking about a large
genset which will not fit into a Classic TT, then you have to look at mounting
it OUTSIDE of the unit.

If I were to do this, I think that I would convert my 14gal of stored LPG to a
larger  horizontal tank and mount that across the tongue and then mount the
genset above the tank.

The problem with rear mounting is stressing the weak longitudinal members or
rails ultimately causing damage to the skin and tail droop.

Personally, I am thinking of a light weight unit that I could mount on my front
hitch receiver but would never do since I no longer have the strength to pick up
a 100lb load and get it off the front receiver - setting it on the ground under
the front of the trailer where it could be hooked to the LPG and yet, be
isolated from the trailer.    Don't they make a powerchair lift which can be
mounted on a hitch receiver?

fwiw
chas