Re: [A/S] "Tornado Warning"

I bought a weather radio with S.A.M.E. technology that
allows me to enter in the specific county codes of the
location I am staying at.  This was my first step in
taking responsiblity for my own safety.  Since
purchasing the radio we have not been in a situation
where a tornado warning was transmitted although we
have had our share of severe thunderstorm alerts that
the radio has piped out.

Personally I wouldn't try to ride out a tornado
warning in my trailer.  My sister was staying in a
Corp of Engineer's park in Illinois when a warning
came through.  The park personnel went to each site
and told the campers to move to a cinderblock bath
house within the campgrounds.  High winds did move
through the campground and overturned a few vehicles,
but the bath house survived.  Her pop up camper was
unscathed.

I probably would try to find some concrete, brick
building to take shelter in, but quite honestly that's
about the best you can do other than heading for some
ditch.

Jack