[A/S] Internet Service and Cell Phone

I have been trying out the Wal Mart Internet service. The install disk is
available free in the store (not the AOL disk) with a free month trial.
After that it is $9.94 per mo. We live in the Mtns. 30+ miles West of
Trinidad Co./ Raton Pass.
Till now Internet service has been slow or non existant, but the W-M service
connects at 115--- bps. If it works  here it may be available in other
remote areas. Has anyone else had experience?
I also have Verizon Cell Ser. and connect it to my computer using my isp.
provider. Did I understand that I could use Verizon as the isp provider for
n/c.? How do I access them?  Thanks, Phil