[A/S] AGM Batteries & converter

Chas -

If your wet cells keep boiling dry, the problem likely lies with the
converter.  I've had great luck with the Inteli-Power 9100 series (60
amp version), with the Charge Wizard microchip that monitors battery
& charge conditions and switches automatically between four different
modes.  I installed new wet cell batteries immediately after the
Inteli-Power replaced the old Univolt, and haven't had any sign of
battery fluid loss due to boilout or any other reason.  I've got a
pair of 6-volt golf cart batteries (wet cell), but think that the
best of all solutions is a smart converter along with Optimas or
other AGM batteries (and solar as a power source).

Stan