Re: [A/S] Almost a Thousand Questions...

> 1.	Holding Tanks -

Interestingly enough the positioning of the wash
(grey) and main (black) water valves are opposite in
position from any other trailer I've ever owned.  I'm
still very careful to make sure I pull the correct
valve handle.

> 2.	Sewer Hose Storage – With the modest room in the
> rear storage

Airstream started attaching a plastic pipe forward of
the tandem axle.  My hose goes in there.  This would
be a good retro fit for you.

> 3.	Backing Up - Is there any reference material out
> there
Idiot proof backing is little more than placing your
hand at the bottom of your steering wheel.  Using your
hand in this position when you move your hand to the
left (the steering wheel moving clockwise) the trailer
rear will move the same direction and vice versa.
Consider going to an empty parking lot and practice
backing.  You'll be surprised how good you can get.

> 4.	Windows – All the
> outside windows were
> glued shut
Mine do this also and I have heard everything from
using petroleum jelly to silicone to corn starch.  All
work but not without some side effects.  No perfect
answer here other than to open them once in a while to
keep them from really sticking tight.
> 6.	Beds –
Ideas here go from custom aftermarket beds like
"Bearbeds", to placing memory foam on them (this works
pretty good).

> 7.	Heavy Objects –
I have a small TV that I store on the floor.  It sits
on a floor mat up by the front sofa and up to this
point stays where it should while traveling.

> 8.	Awning – I extended the awning (A&E).  Worked
> great but
> seemed a little low given my motor home experinence.

Airstream switched to the ZipDee awning beginning in
2000.  I've heard it does fit better and gives you
better clearance.

> 9.	Wheel Blocking –

I block one side (just picked up some of the new Lynx
leveler wheel blocks) and on the other I use an
expandable wheel lock which fits between the tandem
wheels and puts pressure on both tires, effectively
keeping the wheels from turning.

> 10.	Stabilizer Blocks – We have the rear stabilizers
> only.

Common complaint on your model.  Get your dealer to
upgrade you to the four stabilizers being installed on
the new Safari's today.  Makes a big difference.

Keep in mind if you end up having to winterize again,
you have a fresh water tank drain that you get to on
the curb side just behind the front tire.  You also
have hot and cold water petcocks also found on the
curb side between the tandem axle.

Jack

=====
Jack Canavera