[A/S] Re: Bought Used Airtstream-What Should We Look For?

Congratulations.  I got my first Airstream 2 years ago, a 1983 and
there is none better.

You already got lots of solid advice.  I would only emphasize two
points:

Make sure the refrigerator works on both gas and electric.  This is
the most expensive appliance in there.  Dometic had a problem which
affected my refrigerator (which is of recent vintage) where their
electronic board would fail to keep it lit with gas. Cost to replace
around $300.  It would depend on which model you have in there.

Airstreams are all aluminum on the outside which is good for weather.
The only weakness is the wood floor It will rot under the carpet for
a while without your noticing.   Take an ice pick or similar to probe
around the entire edge of the trailer for any damage.  If it leaked
and it has been sitting maybe no one noticed and may need repairs.
Be alert for any musty smells. Also check around storage areas. These
may be under a bed and not checked often for leaks.

Otherwise, it is a pretty new unit.  Everything should work

M.Ferro
1983 Excella 31
03 Yukon XL
Hensley