[A/S] Re: External Antenae Connection

Dick, The antenna used on all the late model Airstreams that I have
seen use the Winegard "batwing" antenna that cranks up from inside.
If this is the case with yours, then the antenna uses an amplifier
that is hidden behind the wall plate where the cable connection is.
Have you got a switch or button that you must press to get good tv
reception? If so, that is where the amp is. Running the satellite
from the rear bumper connection through the amp won't work. The sat
receiver puts out a small dc voltage that goes to the dish.
The amp won't let that dc voltage pass.

Our 2000 has an amplifier "bypass" where we connect our dish reciever
tbypassing the amp. On our previous '98 there was no by-pass so I had
to remove the wall plate where the amp is (the one with the switch).
I located the cable going outside, drilled another hole in the plate
and put on a connector. If you want to try this, e-mail me off list
and I'll try and be more specific. Another alternative is to bring
your sat cable in though a window using a flat piece of cable.
Camping World has these.

I hope that this makes some sense.

Best regards,

Lee/K4GLC #5474