[A/S] RE: New Orleans and Padre Coyotes!

Hi all, and Especially Verna and Jack.

We are in the very State Park you mentioned Jack (Bayou Segnette) and it
is wonderful and only $12 a day!!!  No sewer hook-up for our old '73 but
we have the blue tank out back an it is lovely here. A sunny 65 today
and a great stroll around the "quarter" some Café au Lait, Beignets
(French doughnuts, not sure of the spelling!) and we just bought fresh
shrimp off the boats a block away for $3.50 for a pound and oysters at
$4.50 a pint! Now this is livin... For those of you that cook in your
Airstream this is really a great way to travel and save $$$ too...and
you can have a table buy the window and watch the moon rise over the
Bayou!

Yes, Verna and Jack, the snakes AND the crocks are asleep this time of
year, as well as the mosquitoes...but I would never leave my lovely
Canadian bay in the summer cause I can't stand heat, so this is  the
best time of year to come here. Today is the beginning of Mardi Gras
Season too. It lasts until March. Not much going on this early, I guess
the excitement builds, fine with us, we aren't into drunken parties with
strangers dressed in costumes and masks!

Thanks for telling us about the Coyotes too, we'll be careful our dog
doesn't mix too much with the local fauna. We'll let you know how we
like the outer banks of TX.  Any more advice on where to stay is MUCH
appreciated, I can't believe we might have missed this great camping
space...another Airstream is here, but we haven't met them yet.

Thanks for all the great advice.

On the road,Barbara from Ohio/Hope Bay Ontario
1973, 29' International
License Plate "OVRDRWN"