Re: [A/S] Tow 34' wide body with 6 liter GMC

Joe,
  As the others have said, once you go to a Diesel truck, you'll never
look back. Maybe it's a psychological thing (no one wants to admit a
mistake), but I can't think of ever hearing someone say, "I sure wish
I'd have stuck with a gasser!"

Finding fuel is not a problem, and you'll get used to the racket. Even
my old '94 Dodge (150,000 miles) isn't that noisy in the cab, especially
while on the road. All of the new ones are MUCH better.

You also don't have to pay $40,000.00+ for a new truck, used ones are
around. I recently saw a 1994 Dodge 4X4 w/Cummins for sale locally. It
had less than 47,000 miles on it! Of course, the guy wanted $12,500.00
for it, but I noticed that it lasted only about a week in his front yard
before disappearing, presumably sold. Don't be afraid to buy the used
one at a significant savings and EXPECT to put some serious bucks into
it. Add a the cost of a rebuilt transmission to the above truck, and you
still have a good 'horse', at far, far less than Mr. Five-Star wants for
new.

                               <<Jim>>