[A/S] Propane requlators and OPD valves

On another list, they are discussing a gas lamp which I do not really want to
bring up to the larger audience here.  What I really want to talk about is OPD
valves.

The problem there is with keeping the 50s and 60s gas lamp lit.
I think that besides a regulator possibility that the problem just might be the
OPD valve(s).  if the use of the propane is so little that it seems like a leak
to the valve, the valve might just close, turning off the lamp.  however, that
is incorrect if he is running successfully off other gas appliances at the same
time.  if the lamp is going off while he is cooking or whatever, then the
problem is not the OPD or the regulator, etc.

He has never replied so I do not know if mine is a valid suggestion or not.   In
fact, many of us have appliances which I am concerned with.  Those with pilot
lights for instance.  We could see a lot of problems if the OPD does not
correctly interpret what is a leak and what is not a leak.  we just might end up
relighting our furnaces, hot water heaters, etc  all the time.

I hope I am wrong but I think that I am going to really HATE the OPD!  Has
anyone had any problems with their pilot lights snuffing out constantly?  Was
this concern addressed when the OPD valve was designed?  Or am I just full of
misinformation (which is more than a slight possibility<G>) and the OPD does not
close on a constant leak?

thanks
chas
1130