[A/S] Re: Mfg. differences in A/S

I am pausing for a moment from working on my 85 Soverign 25'.  I have
been working the last two nights out there with only a small
supplimental electric heater - albeit one with a fan.  Although it
has been right at, or a bit below 40 degrees, that has been
sufficient to keep the trailer comfortably warm.  This, even though I
am in and out five or six times every hour.  Single pane windows, no
special attention to seals, weatherstripping, etc.

I suggest you have your furnace looked at.  I suspect a dirty
burner.  Or perhaps you have a collapsed air duct - or even two.
This could happen quite easily.  But something is wrong somewhere.

The A/C is an entirely different issue.  Very few trailers, of any
vintage, and of any construction can effectively cool when the
temperature approaches 100.  That is why some of the big motorhomes
and fivers have two units, or even a large heatpump.  Your A/C
experience is entirely normal, sad to say.

The furnace issue touches me closely.  The reason I was relying on
electric heat is that the furnace would not light.  I spent most of
last night determining a) that the circuit board was dead and b) I
was not going to spent $120 on a new board for that old furnace.  I
spent a good part of today running over to Colaw's to pick up a new
NT30SP Suburban furnace.  Boy does it work great.

Anybody need some good Suburban furnace parts?  I've got everything -
including a brand new igniter - except a good board!

Mark