[A/S] buttoning up/insulation

Hi!
Just spent some time in my Airstream (72 22' safari) this weekend.
And as always posts i read got me thinking again......
I stopped by the hardware store and picked up a V- shaped
plastic weather strip. And fitted it to the enterance door.
It isn't a permenant fix just a test to see if anything changed.
The old rubber gasket/seal it in place but it is showing some
signs of being old..... I didn't realise just how old and how
poorly it was doing.  wow what a change after i got it in place
i noticed just how much warmer the inside of the door frame
felt. As i was moving my hand around the door inside i noticed
just how much cold air is comming in by the frig(its off).
both sides of the cabinet were very cold right up to the
counter. It was colder lower to the floor and back to the wall.

The stories about the air conditioners not keeping up in the
summer with the heat comming in from the heat of the frig or
outside heat infiltrating from this area make sence.
my question is there any room between the cabinet and the side of
the refer to put 1/4" of foam? I haven't removed the cabinet to
inspect.

with this simple change i noticed how much less my furnace ran.

be good Steve O