[A/S] Re: Honda generator revisited

I've only used mine a handful of times.  Not enough in fact that (at
present ... after about one year of non-use) the main battery has gone dead.
I need to find a method to charge the battery because it doesn't want to fire
up from the pull starter (given the state of discharge).  Last time I ran it
it fired up and ran just fine.  I haven't spent a lot of time thinking
about it (although I should rectify the condition sooner rather than later).
I convinced the sports car club I belong to to purchase a 3000is as well and
they use theirs at every event (roughly twice a month ... ten hours of
continuous, full throttle operation each time).  They typically fill it twice
during the day (because they run it at full throttle).

> How often do you change the oil?  How often the air filter?

I haven't had to yet.  The club genset is going in for it's first service this
winter.  I'd venture an educated guess that theirs has about 100 hours of use
on it at present (it runs fine).

It's a great generator.  Keep in mind the EU3000 and EU3000is are _not_
identical machines.  The 3000is quite different (and more expensive than the
3000).  Next years (mine is a year old so it might be this years?) EU3000 will
likely exhibit the 3000is's design if I had to venture a guess.  Namely, the
inline, flywheel based design that is not unlike that employed by Honda's
hybrid cars.  The 3000 I reviewed when I purchase my 3000is was slightly
louder, had fewer features, less covering material (my 3kis is fully enclosed)
and utilized a traditional separate generator unit (separate from the engine)
whereas mine is very much one integrated piece (i.e., the electric generation
components _are_ part of the engine ... attached where one might find a
clutch/flywheel in an automotive engine).

Given what others have said my 50/60lb comment must be wrong.  Suffice it to
say a single male (I'm 39 years old) _can_ lift it off the ground and move it
about but it isn't exactly light.  It's at least as heavy as a big bag of
concrete.  Two people can lift/carry a 3000is with no difficultly whatsoever.

JR