Re: [A/S] On the roof?

Well, I beg to differ. Both of my trailers, the 21 and this 25 have
had numerous ladders propped against them. I learned the towel trick
from a dealer who propped a ladder against it, climbed up onto the
roof and installed my Fantastic Vent on the 21'

The 25 foot has had ladders propped up to it no less than 7 times.

It has never dented....

> think!!! before you get on the roof.  distribute your weight with a
2x6 rug glued piece of plywood and step off the stepladder onto that
board - be sure to have that board across the ribs.>

Great suggestion, but no one has ever done it to my roof and plenty
of men have walked around on it...... I can site each case if you'd
like.

> personally, I will not get on the roof.  I would rather take the
trailer to a dealer and pay them to install stuff or do stuff on the
roof.  after all, they have the scaffolds and the 15 foot long
stepladders.>

Your choice, and good advice again... but more than one Airstream
dealer has propped a ladder against my trailer and climbed up on the
roof.

Hunter