Re: [A/S] On the roof?

that is not sufficient  - scratching is not the problem.
the rule is, do NOT lean a ladder against an AS.
your weight will heavily dent the side.
you need to distribute the weight with a cloth wrapped board.
better, get a scaffold or a long stepladder.
that is what almost all dealerships use.

think!!! before you get on the roof.  distribute your weight with a 2x6 rug
glued piece of plywood and step off the stepladder onto that board - be sure to
have that board across the ribs.

personally, I will not get on the roof.  I would rather take the trailer to a
dealer and pay them to install stuff or do stuff on the roof.  after all, they
have the scaffolds and the 15 foot long stepladders.

we used to pull the trailers into bays, put the boards on from a gallery around
the bay, climb out on the joists by hand and then "drop" down on the boards.
usually a matter of height and arm extension or some 12 to 18".

fwiw
chas