[A/S] Bay Breeze/Bowen Hot Water Questions

Just picked up my second A/S. A 1966 26' Overlander, one owner
trailer, hardly used. Thats the problem. The trailer was not moved
since Nov. 1981. What works, elec., stove/range, refrigerator, axels
not sagging, univolt. What needs work, skylights need replaced
(on order), refrigerator cover (on order), PAR water rebuild kit
(on order). But this is were I need some help. The Air Conditioner
fan will run, but when the compresser is kicked on, there is such a
drag of current that it will even stop the fan. I know nothing about
AC units. I have seen people on this site say "Keep the original AC
as long as you can" My guess, it's the compresser. This is the AC
unit that has a big set of fan blades in the bottom, that sucks the
air up into the center then out the front and back. Any info. on
trouble shooting the problem would be great!! Next, the Bowen hot
water heater. It has the Honeywell control. I understand, you press
the button in and turn to "pilot". The problem, I can press the
button in, but it will not let me turn it to "pilot" or "on". I see
a bunch of screws on the face plate, but don't want to take them off
if I don't know whats behind it. I have hopes of having it ready for
the WDCU rally in the fall, the key word being "hopes" Any and all
help would be great!

Paul Waddell