Re: [A/S] Purging antifreze

It is an unfortunate, continuing piece of misinformation published
in media such as Trailer Life. For years, despite pleas to the contrary,
they have continued to describe the steps of winterizing to include
dumping RV antifreeze in the fresh water storage tank. No self respecting
RV dealer that I know of would do this, certainly none that have ever had
to deal with the consequences. Our procedure  for the 10 years I've been
doing has been to blowout the system with an emphasis on blowing the water
out of the water heater rather than draining it, then connecting a fitting
at the draw side of the pump and using it to pump anti-freeze through the
rest of the plumbing with a bypass on the water heater. You don't want
anti-freeze in the fresh tank or the water heater. The benefit
otherwise is it moves any water out of the dips and crannies of the rest of
the system. In our neck of the woods we guarantee our jobs no mater how low
is goes so we don't take any chances.

Charlie