Re: [A/S] 22',24',26' -- How long is too long?

Hi Jim ,
since you need to get a tow vehicle to tow even a small trailer safely , you
might as well get a trailer large enough for the family . My tandem overlander
tows with a smoother ride than my
single axle caravel , and no noticeable difference in power needed for hills
,etc . I use an older suburban for towing , plenty of room for passengers and
gear , and you can lock it instead of
leaving stuff in the open bed of a pickup .
I find that the overlander will fit in most anywhere the caravel will ,
state park sites etc. Recently I put it in a place that after I had it in , I
could not believe I had done it . Fortunately
it will be there for awhile , so I dont have to think about getting it out
right off ! I backed it in , so it should be easier to pull it out ...
I use my caravel for boondocking most of the time , and being nine feet
shorter has advantages on rough terrain and really tight spots , but its
crowded for two of us on a rainy day , it would
make for cranky kids and unhappy parents . I think you will be much happier
with the separate bedroom .
Chris