Re: [A/S] Re: 370LE (Ford 460) engine overheating

John,
I assume the mechanic is considering adding a electric fan in front of
the radiator.
I have always heard that the stock fan will cancel out a added electric
if that is done. They really cancel out each other so you would be worse
off.

You could do what I did to my truck and add a second four-core radiator
to the back of the stock radiator.
Most any radiator shop can do this.
I had to trim about two inches from my shroud so my compressor pulley
would clear but that was no problem. I also had to make short extensions
and add them to the top straps that hold my radiator to make up for the
added depth of the new "extra-thick" eight core.

This addition really solved any problems with overheating I had.
Mike Kent
'31 International