Re: [A/S] FRS

We use the FRS, non-voice activated, for parking our Airstream.  I just turn
mine on and lay it beside me.  I let my wife do most, if not all, the talking
to guide me into position.

On a recent trip to FL with our married daughter and family, we used the FRS
to communicate between our two vehicles.  They are not as good as a CB, but
they worked fine when we were within sight of each other.  They have twins
less than a year old and we needed to be in communications for the necessary
stops, including feedings.

The hand held radios that are similar to the FRS only with additional power
require a federal license for legal operation.

Sam
WBCCI 12557