[A/S] Replacing Fridge - Dometic or Norcold?

Our trailer currently has a Dometic RM100 that I assume came with the
trailer back in 1979.  There have been continuing problems with the
propane operation of the fridge (elec. works fine) and if I cannot
come up with an easy fix, it may be time to opt for a new fridge.

Dometic makes the RM2820 which is the replacement they suggest for
the RM100 (the dimensions are almost identical).  Norcold makes the
N641.3 which will also allow me to operate the fridge off of 12V as
well and LP & elec.  There is roughly a 3" height difference between
the RM100 and the N641.3

Any pros and cons re: staying with Dometic or going to a Norcold?
Does anyone have a Norcold which operates off of 12V and how well
does it work?  Also, how best to take into account the 3" difference -
 do nothing (and have a gap) or place a piece of material in to fill
the gap?  Thanks, AJ