Re: [A/S] tow vehicles

Jack, just drove from Evansville, IN to St. Augustine, FL without the trailer
in our Duramax/Allison (2500HD, long bed, extended cab with cab high topper
on the bed).  MPG was 19.4 for first 1/2 of trip and 19.1 for second half.
The truck has an engine hour meter and we averaged 65.2 MPH for the total
trip (note that the hour meter only records time engine is running).  If I
keep the speed under 70, I can get 20 MPG on the Interstate.

You might want to get the opinion of others on the list with Dodge or Ford
diesels on stick shift vs. automatic transmission.  I like the Allison
automatic with the Duramax.

Sam
WBCCI 12557