[A/S] Re: Electricity

Thank you both for the advice. I shall check into that tester. My house
is to old for a ground; it only has a positive and negative. I wonder if
that would matter with the tester.

The reversed poles idea is a good one I have not thought of. I had to
remove the receptacle on the house to order a new plug so that I could
make up a wire. Although I am certain I matched the two ends up the same
way; it could be possible the wires became switched on the house. If
this were the case, would the house develop a charge with the breakers
turned of as well as on or would it only happen with something turned
on? Everything being two wire would it make a difference either way that
an item is plugged in because each plug is identical on both sides?
When plugging in a new item will it make a difference?

I did think about grounding by attaching a ground wire from the new cord
directly to the house aluminum without much avail. Can I ground the
house this way or to the frame? Or from the frame or body to a grounding
rod? Ofcourse I would still have the problem if that were to work; it
just would not shock me.

What is your opinion on it?

rusty