[A/S] Univolt Troubles

A listie, who was bounced, wrote me this to post for him....

Univolt Troubles on my 72 Intl Land Yacht

I have no output from the univolt.
       I found the battery massively discharged. I recharged it and it is OK
       The Univolt quietly buzzes
       The DC on the trailer operates perfect when fed by the 7-pin connector
       The DC from the trailer battery now recharged.
       It doesn't operate and puts out a flaky 4-9VDC when measured at the 7
pin conn

Is there a Univolt troubleshooting chart that is a lot more
sophisticated than the one in my Airstream Manual?

How about a total Univolt replacement? Is this recommended? Is there
a 250 dollar dc to ac inverter/ac to dc converter/dc battery charge
maintainer?

Joseph906@aol.com