Re: [A/S] tow vehicle choice

Before buying a K&N for a long lived engine like a Powerstroke
you should do some research. If you trade often it don't matter
much I guess.
If you look at test data available on the WWW (on sites not
promotoing K&N) you will find the K&N only passes more air
when clean. It also passes more dirt when clean. When it has
been run for a while and has picked up some dirt it begins to
filter better but the flow efficiency falls to that of paper filters.
Here is one site.
http://www.roadkill.com/~davet/moto/air.filters.html
There are others but I don't have them bookmarked.

I run an Amsoil oiled foam filter it lasts forever and acutally
cleans the air going to the engine. Second choice is paper. The
rest is for race cars where running more than 500 miles don't
matter.
Thats my opinion anyway.

Dan Phariss
73 Ambassador