Re: [A/S] interior

Hi ,
  If the trailer is a 65 , it should`nt have alum. wire ,so no worries there . That
would start in 66 .
  Its no small task to remove the interior panels to rewire , but its a worthwhile
one , my 63 had cloth covered wire for the 120 a/c , had been chewed on in a couple
of places , which was`nt apparent until I took the panels down . Also had 12 volt wires
which went nowhere , without wire nuts on the end . You just drill a million rivets ,
starting with the cabinets in middle .  It also enables you to reinsulate , on my
trailer there were many places that were  not done at the factory . Also got rid of
some mouse crap .   To reinstall you will need some 3/32 drift pins to line up rivet
holes , and some cleco`s to hold it in place until you rivet it . Also it helps to
mark the holes which are for the panel underwhere panels overlap or bulkhead channels
are , so you dont have rivets in the way when you put the top panel on .
  I `d say it aint so bad , but I`m not done yet ! But I`m glad I`m doing it . I`m
adding some things , like phone wire and cable .
  I`m still at the  fixing the floor stage , and was wondering if they still make the
12/2 with the skinny ground wire for RV use,? ( sure is easier to attach to the box with ).
And does attaching it to the box do any good where the box or light is in the fiberglass
end cap and not grounded to the body ?
  I plan on making a web page when time permits of what an airstream looks like when
its truly gutted , mine is justabout bare now . Its a trip to see how they are put
together . If anyone has any pics of a later model interior frame , I`d like to see them
because I `d like to see how they beefed it up in later years. Mine is built pretty light ,
I might be adding a couple of stringers to support solar panels .
  Also does anyone Know if they make aluminum wool (like steel wool ) ? I want to stuff
it in holes where stringers meet bows to prevent future mouse migration without
electrolysis .
  Regarding your bath question , in order to get the interior panels off , you have to
take the bath out . I am of the opinion that it would be hard to make a better one than
the original , although I may modify my sink cabinet a little . To move the bath location
may be possible , but would be a major undertaking , you would be better off starting
with a later / earlier model center bath .
  Chris 63 Flying Cloud