Re: [A/S] Air conditioning

> It's been in the high 90's and I've been in the
> Safari daily reading all
I have the fan on low or it gets too cold.

Just curious Patti, is your trailer in the full sun or
is it shaded?

> Question for you. I was reading that the hot water
> heater runs on either
> gas or electric but I don't see any additional
> switches. When I hit the
> button does it look for the stronger energy source
> automatically?

I don't have that type of water heater in my Safari.
Mine is gas only with an electronic ignition.  No
standing pilot.  My SOB trailer had an Atwood
gas/electric water heater.  There were two switches on
it.  One was to turn on the electric and the other was
to turn on the gas.  Normally I ran it on electric
only until right before shower time.  At that point I
flipped on the gas switch and the unit operated with
electric and gas together.  It made a lot more hot
water that way and recovery time was faster.  Once
done with showers we would flip the gas switch off.
Both switches were inside the trailer.  The gas switch
was in a cabinet next to the water heater compartment.

And, I know you said you have both
> Fantastic Fans, but do
> you know if the wiring is pre installed at both
> locations? I have one
> above the couch (came with upgrade) but not above
> the bed.

I really don't know.  I asked for them to be installed
at build time so I don't know if A/S does any
prewiring there if no fan is present.  I'll have to
check the wiring diagrams when I get the trailer home
tomorrow.

I planned to bring it home from its storage location
tonight but found that the battery was dead.  I'm not
sure if anything was left on but I'm guessing it may
be an outside compartment light.  I have hit those
switches by accident before and if its daylight, you
have a hard time seeing that they are on.

I've got the battery home on a charger so I'll find
out when I put the battery back in tomorrow.
Unfortunately the power hitch jack was inoperable and
A/S doesn't use a brand that has an easy access port
for the manual handle.  I didn't want to pull the head
off the jack since it is too easy to mess up on the
re-installation.  According to the dealer if you don't
synchronize the jack properly, you will ruin it and
that's not covered by warranty.

Bottom line I think I'm going to start using the main
disconnect switch behind the couch when I park the
trailer in the storage lot.  I don't want any more
surprises.

Jack