[A/S] Re: Cataletic Heaters

Attn Dave;

Hi Dave I am not exactly sure if you and I are thinking of the same
type of heater(catalytic ).  One rule of thumb would still remain.  If
the combustion exhaust is released into the trailer cabin and used to
heat it then you will need a venting method that can keep up to the
carbon monoxide being produced from the burning process.  On high
setting your demand for fresh air will be higher than at low, but
maybe someone wil respond to your message that has one.  I am under
the  impression that a catalytic burner has a very dispersed burning
surface compared to a flame.  I personally would go with two carbon
monoxide detectors situated in two areas of the trailer to ensure
safety should one fail.  I would also leave an intake air(side window)
and exhaust ( roof vent )open enough to  keep up with  the demand for
carbon monoxide release and oxogen intake.  How much to leave it open
I don't know. One thing to find out is whether carbon monoxide has a
weight equal to, heavier than, or lighter than air and that will help
you position the carbon monoxide detectors and the venting.  I would
guard against propane leakage by doing a soap and water test on the
system to ensure no leaks are on the propane supply line to the burner
and then just shut the propane supply off when your not using it as
the one I saw never had a pilot light.

talk to you soon. John Barry