RE: [A/S] Serial Number Help

	 Sandi - Sounds like you have a good shot at a great A/S, but I
would caution you to go thru all the steps others on the list are
	suggesting (getting the serial number from the trailer and
contacting the proper state title agency to determine if a copy of the
	title can be found & supplied to you or the current owner)
BEFORE you give the current owner a dime. Trailers with "lost titles"
	are one means by which crooks sell stolen goods. The market for
pre-owned trailers is full of these sorts of crooks and is very
	much a "Let The Buyer Beware" situation. I don't mean to
discourage you at all, just keep your money in your bank until you
	can be assured that you can secure a good title.

	I'm so damn smart because I developed a near terminal case of
"Aluminitus", believed the dealer's statement that the title was in
	the office files and didn't demand to see it, wrote a huge check
and only a couple of days later found out there was some kind of
	"small title problem". By then the check was cashed and my only
fall back was thru the courts, with a man who then a) set his
	office on fire b) declared bankruptcy, and c) left town. Turns
out I was only one of many trusting souls he has thus screwed. The
	legal system makes you think you will eventually recover your
money, but hasn't worked for me. The man is now nowhere to be
	found and the 1989 Excella I bought long gone. Caveat Emptor
(sp?) - Let the buyer beware!! It ended up costing me a ton of
	money to learn a very (for me) expensive lesson from an 7th
grade economics lesson.

	My advise, FWIW - go after the trailer, but check it out
yourself first with the authorities before you put forth any money.

	Jim in Houston
	WBCCI 3009
	'02 Safari 27'
	'02 F250 PSD