Re: [A/S] Tow Vehicles

Jim,
I haven't been following this thread closely but I do
have a '99 Chevy Express 1500 Van.  My answer would be
that it all depends upon the weight of the trailer you
plan to pull, the axle, engine specs on your van, and
the weight of your van itself.

I have the 5.7 liter V8 with a 3.73 axle and the
factory towing package.  My Safari with normal load,
no water (I don't tow with any tanks full) is 6,000
lbs.  My van is rated to tow 6,500 lbs. so I don't
have much in reserve.  I tow in 3rd gear and have been
very pleased up to this point.  I did tow through the
Smokies last fall and never felt underpowered.  Next
vehicle will be rated higher though.  My Express van
is a passenger van that probably weighs in less than
most conversion vans so watch your GCVWR closely.

Jack

=====
Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.