Re: [A/S] Tow Vehicles

I own a 59 Ambassador International which theoretically weighs approx. 3800
lbs dry. I am currently pulling it with an 89 chev 4X4 5.7 liter gas engine
pick-up. I need to have more interior space for my growing family. I have
located an 87 3/4 ton 2X4, 6.2 liter diesel Suburban with only 22,000 miles
on it. Does anyone have any experience with this as a tow vehicle. It's in
great condition and has the space I need, however I am hesitant about the
pulling power compared to what I'm used to. I'm not likely to be going
through the rockies however I do live in the adirondacks and there are
mountains. What type fuel mileage should I expect?
Colin Hyde
Email: chyde@primelink1.net