Re: [A/S] Accessing Univolt In 1979 31' Soverign

I just did this last week in my '78 Ambassador.  I
have the couch on the street side and the credenza and
table along the front.  I removed a few screws and
took the table out of the picture.  I then had to
remove a few pieces of panel like trim to access the
univolt.  It was just a matter of cutting the wires as
close to the univolt as possible, un-screwing the
univolt from the floor and lifting it out of the hole
(unhooking the battery first).  The hardest part was
lifting that bugger out of the hole...it is HEAVY!  It
was a straight forward operation and putting the
inteli-power in was a breeze.  Hook up the two wires
that were snipped and grounding the inteli-power to
the frame.
Thomas #8848