[A/S] 12 Volt Distribution panel

I was looking around the 12 Volt distribution panel in my '92
Excella searching for a source of radio tranceiver power and thought
I would mention that the "fuses" are actually thermal breakers that
open if overloaded and then reset when the load is disconnected.  If
this continues to happen the circuit is drawing too much current and
something must be disconnected in order to bring the draw back under
the rated amps. of the thermal breaker.  A "fuse" is a one time
device that opens up when the circuit is overdrawn and any new fuse
will also open until the load is lessened or the defective appliance
is disconnected, etc.  Thermal devices make it easier to trouble
shoot the system since you can simply selectively switch devices off
and on until the thermal breaker is stable again and that last
device is probably the "bad actor".

BTW, my distribution box has two extra thermal breakers that can be
used for new circuits.  You should take care when adding loads to
breakers that already serve existing circuits.  A quick calculation
of the existing load plus your additions will tell you if you are
getting close to the rated load of the breaker.  The manual has a
diagram that includes the load ratings of the individual circuits.

Another note:  Sizing of a new circuit doesn't stop at the breaker
rating.  You also must consider the size of the wires and the
terminal hardware that will carry the current to the added devices.
If you have any questions about anything involving the electrical
circuits in the trailer you should probably defer to a local repair
facility for the installation.  A few bucks spent there will be much
better than shorted wires and smoke.