[A/S] Cleaning the Argosy (Peanut)

Hello Gang

Well I've repaired the trailer brake and the Ford brake wire. There's
power to the trailer brakes, but that's as far as I got.

My wife and I started cleaning the Argosy Sat. and after seven hours
we stopped.  We're not finished.  My wife almost cried and has
decided she wants a new trailer and I actually gave it some thought.

This trailer has not been cleaned for years, if ever.  I took the
drapes off and let them soak in the washer yesterday. When we got
home a few hours later I checked the washer and the water was a
greenish black. This is the same color that the water was when
washing the inside.  I didn't realise how dirty the walls and ceiling
were until I started the clean.  It's amazing how nice the cleaned
areas look.

I almost hurled while scrapping chucks of grease out of the
cupboards.  It still makes me shudder.  I found that there was a
broken window at one time as there's still broken glass by the water
tank.  Speaking of windows, I pulled the custom made cover off the
front windows.  The windows were streaked in green moldy water and
mud. The centre window had a crack at the bottom which is now up to
the top.  I had to pry the window open and when I closed it it
slammed shut hence the expanded crack.

The belly skin at the back of the trailer dropped last week.  I
checked it out and found that the rivets had rusted through thus the
skin dropped.  The insulation is in good shape.  I checked the
bathroom and found that behind the tiolet seat rest, (which I have
since found out opens) a cut out of the plastic was done to reach
water lines back there.  So I know where the problem orignated.  Has
it been fixed?  Not sure yet as I haven't had time to thoroughly
check the systems out.

I've decided to stick it out much to my wife's surprise.  I have a
goal of completion for the end of June.  I left the trailer plugged
in so that I could test the fidge.  Just found out the fridge is not
working on electicty.  I will have to check the propane side of it.
Sigh!!!

I will be replacing the broken window with smoked glass to match the
curved windows.  I noticed that the rivets for the front window
molding are broken.  Not sure of the extent of the previous damage,
but it looks like the outer curved skin was replaced front and back.
Varoius rivets popped here and there, but these are low priority.

Why have I decided to prevail?  It tows so easy. It's paid for and it
has been named.  Okay a few names on Sat, but it's official name is
still Peanut.

Gerald