RE: [A/S] Shower water temp

If you are trying to conserve water then the following
is not for you, but if you trying to conserve HOT water
then maybe it is. I purchased a Precisiontemp endless
hot water heater some months ago. I discussed it on the
list and found many people were distrustful of the unit.
I have now used it many times and it is perfect! Both
my wife and I take showers for as long as we like!

I have installed it a bit differently than most. It is made
to replace a 10gal Attwood or equivalent directly, with
no modifications, but you would have to cut to replace a
6gal.

What I did was build a box for it that sits OUTSIDE and
hooks into the hot water line via a normal hose connection
that I plumbed in. There is a valve on this connection
so that the hot water system can receive from either the
factory interior unit or the PrecisionTemp outside unit.
The two valves for the hot water bypass are also turned
OFF when using the outside unit. This completely isolates
the hot and cold water systems. The intake (cold) for the
outside unit is either the campground water supply, or the
outside spigot on your trailer.

As you can see, this method allows you to use the regular
unit when you want to, with the outside unit hooked up or
not, with no mods except for the simple garden hose
connection.

Again, although pricey, this baby really delivers. We both
pity all you poor souls rinsing in luke warm water after
a 10 second shower.

Mark